Please find all necessary information concerning abstract submission for MEMTAB2020, the Symposium on Methods for Evaluation of medical prediction Models, Tests And Biomarkers, taking place in Leuven, below.
The MEMTAB 2020 Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of high quality abstracts on a wide variety of topics covering:
- How to develop and apply prediction models and diagnostic tests
- High-dimensional data and genetic prediction
- Machine learning for evaluation of diagnostic tests, markers and prediction models
- Impact studies for diagnostic tests, markers and prediction models (including low resource settings)
- Systematic review and meta-analysis (including individual participant data)
- Big data, electronic health records, dynamic prediction
- How to quantify overdiagnosis
- Other (specify)
There are 3 different submission types:
- Oral presentation only
- Oral presentation, but if not selected for an oral presentation I’m willing to present a poster
- Poster presentation only
The Call for Abstracts opens on October 20, 2019.
- Abstract submission deadline: February 7, 2020
- E-mail notification of acceptance: March 15, 2020
- Registration and payment deadline for authors in order to present: September 15, 2020
- Abstracts are to be written in English and should be submitted electronically using the Conftool abstract management system.
- Authors will be requested to upload an abstract based on the template. Abstracts that do not meet the requirements of the template, will not be taken into consideration.
- Download the template here.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (title, authors and institutional affiliation not included).
- Preferred structure: Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions (other subheadings might be applicable, as long as your abstract does not exceed 300 words).
- If you choose to provide a figure or table, please include it in your abstract. However, please note that the total abstract is limited to 1 A4-page.
- Please upload your abstract as a word-document. After that, create a pdf and upload this as well. Your pdf and word-document should be exactly the same.
- There is no limitation on the number of abstracts an author may submit, do not submit the same abstract more than once.