Please find all necessary information concerning abstract submission for MEMTAB2020, the Symposium on Methods for Evaluation of medical prediction Models, Tests And Biomarkers, taking place in Leuven On July 2 and 3, 2020, below.
The MEMTAB 2020 Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of high quality abstracts on a wide variety of topics covering:
- How to develop and apply prediction models and diagnostic tests
- High-dimensional data and genetic prediction
- Machine learning for evaluation of diagnostic tests, markers and prediction models
- Impact studies for diagnostic tests, markers and prediction models (including low resource settings)
- Systematic review and meta-analysis (including individual participant data)
- Big data, electronic health records, dynamic prediction
- How to quantify overdiagnosis
- Other (specify)
There are 3 different submission types:
- Oral presentation only
- Oral presentation, but if not selected for an oral presentation I’m willing to present a poster
- Poster presentation only
The Call for Abstracts opens on October 20, 2019.
- Abstract submission deadline: February 7, 2020
- E-mail notification of acceptance: March 15, 2020
- Registration and payment deadline for authors in order to present: April 30, 2020
- Abstracts are to be written in English and should be submitted electronically using the Conftool abstract management system.
- Authors will be requested to upload an abstract based on the template. Abstracts that do not meet the requirements of the template, will not be taken into consideration.
- Download the template here.
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words (title, authors and institutional affiliation not included).
- Preferred structure: Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusions (other subheadings might be applicable, as long as your abstract does not exceed 300 words).
- If you choose to provide a figure or table, please include it in your abstract. However, please note that the total abstract is limited to 1 A4-page.
- Please upload your abstract as a word-document. After that, create a pdf and upload this as well. Your pdf and word-document should be exactly the same.
- There is no limitation on the number of abstracts an author may submit, do not submit the same abstract more than once.